NewsEXCLUSIVE SEOUL GALLERY TOUR FOR AUSTRALIAN COLLECTORS AND ART LOVERS - Fri, Jul 1 2011
EXCLUSIVE SEOUL GALLERY TOUR FOR AUSTRALIAN COLLECTORS AND ART LOVERS
The acga, in conjunction with Sey Artnet Seoul, is coordinating an exclusive VIP art tour for Australian art lovers and collectors who will be in Seoul for the Korea International Art Fair (KIAF) in September.
This tour will be led by S. Euna Yoo from Sey Artnet. Euna specialises in VIP tours and has hosted spectacular personalised tours for many well known organisations including the trustees and friends of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation and Museum and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Her CV is extremely impressive as is her local knowledge of Seoul and the Korean art market.
This is a chance to see creative Seoul in a unique and memorable way – with visits to some of Seoul’s foremost visual arts destinations.
2011 marks the 10th anniversary of KIAF. Australia is being honoured as the Fair’s Guest Country to celebrate the Australia/Korea Year of Friendship and 50 years of diplomatic relations between our two nations. 17 Australian commercial galleries will exhibit at KIAF/11. Visitor numbers are expected to exceed last year’s record of 72,000.
The tour is an all inclusive customised 2.5 day tour. It is scheduled to run from the afternoon of Sunday 18 September 2011 to Tuesday 20 September 2011. It will include:
• visits to Seoul’s leading commercial and private galleries
• exclusive viewings of corporate collections
• meals at some of Seoul’s leading restaurants
• meetings with private collectors
• 3 nights’ accommodation at the COEX Intercontinental hotel in newly refurbished Club Suites including breakfast and internet access
A VIP pass to KIAF for the full Fair duration (Wed 21 Sept – Monday 26 Sept 2011) and an invitation to the vernissage and exclusive acga events will also form part of the programme.
Places on this tour are strictly limited. The tour can accommodate a maximum of 25 people. A minimum of 15 participants is required for the tour to run. Priority will be given to clients of acga member galleries.
Costs will depend on the final number of participants.
If 15-20 people participate, the cost will be $3,184 AUD per person (incl accommodation) or $2,331 (excluding accommodation). If 21-25 people participate, the cost will be $2,703 AUD (incl accommodation) or $1,859 (excluding accommodation).
The cost includes all meals and visitation transportation during the tour.
Bookings must be made by Friday 22 July 2011.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required by the booking closing date. Payments are to be made directly to the Australian Commercial Galleries Association (ACN 092545983 ABN 71794826954). The full balance is payable by Friday 12 August and a tax invoice will be issued.
• Changes to the visitation itinerary may be made subject to availability and gallery opening hours
• Tour rates are based on current exchange rates. Should exchange rates fluctuate drastically, fee changes will apply.
• Additional nights’ accommodation can be booked directly through the COEX Intercontinental Hotel – reservation contact details will be provided
• The tour does not include airfares or transportation between the airport and hotel – this can be easily arranged for you.
Please direct all enquiries to Janan Greer, CEO, the Australian Commercial Galleries Association either +61 3 9662 2209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A full itinerary of proposed tour destinations is available for review.
- Beaver Galleries
New South Wales
- Aboriginal & South Pacific Art Gallery
- Annandale Galleries
- Art House Gallery
- Australian Galleries - Roylston Street
- Brenda May Gallery
- Conny Dietzschold Gallery
- Frances Keevil Gallery
- Gallery 9
- King Street Gallery on William
- Martin Browne Contemporary
- NG Art Gallery
- Robin Gibson Galleries
- Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery
- Stella Downer Fine Art
- Stills Gallery
- Sullivan+Strumpf Fine Art
- Watters Gallery
- Andrew Baker Art Dealer
- Heiser Gallery
- Jan Murphy Gallery
- Philip Bacon Galleries
- Suzanne O'Connell Gallery
- Hill Smith Gallery
- Bett Gallery Hobart
- Alcaston Gallery
- Anna Pappas Gallery
- Arc One Gallery
- Australian Galleries - Derby Street
- Australian Galleries - Smith Street
- Catherine Asquith Gallery
- Charles Nodrum Gallery
- Dianne Tanzer Gallery
- Flinders Lane Gallery
- Gallery Gabrielle Pizzi
- Helen Gory Galerie
- Kick Gallery
- Mossenson Galleries Vic
- Nellie Castan Gallery
- Niagara Galleries
- Scott Livesey Galleries
- Sophie Gannon Gallery
- Tolarno Galleries
- Vivien Anderson Gallery
- William Mora Galleries
- Greenhill Galleries Claremont
- Indigenart, Mossenson Galleries
- Short Street Gallery